2.08.2011

Preschool

Today was that day.  The day every mom dreads.
The first day of school.  The day your baby is no longer a baby.
Oh. My. Gosh.
I can't believe it.  And, I am so sad.
But, he did look adorable for his first day.  This little cutie is bound to make a friend, right?
Ben wasn't sad that Jax was going to school.  He was just sad that his mom wanted to take pictures instead of letting him go outside.  Poor little Ben HATES winter.

Jax wouldn't put his shoes on, naturally.  However, when we got to his school he let me put them on him.  Yahoo!!!  
We walked in and every kid was obediently sitting on the carpet squares looking bright eyed at the teacher.  Jax, on the other hand, wouldn't sit down and was happily playing in the toy corner.

I put his backpack and jacket in his cubby and left.  He didn't cry.  He was fine.  Duh, it was a room full of new toys!!  However, I got back in my car and bawled.  I hate today!  I sure hope the little guy does alright.




6 comments:

the dunns said...

He looks so handsome, love the outfit!!!

Andrew and Jenna said...

Your boys are so cute. Love Jax's skinny jeans and Ben's coat!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

I'm so sorry it was such a hard day! I thought about you a lot! He looks adorable, though. On the upside, at least he didn't cry. That would've made it so much worse. Love ya, Gold!

Lyssa said...

Oh that is hard. But he did look cute so that makes up for it, right?
You know, he doesn't have to go to preschool yet! He just turned 3! I'm just saying if he...or you...aren't ready ;) no rush to grow up!
but it gets easier as the weeks go by!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Ahh...are our babies this old. I'm excited/terrified for Dylan to start next week. I'm glad that Jax did good. He looks so cute and big with his backpack on!

Jobi Niu said...

K... seriously... how stinkin cute is he?! His outfit.is to die for. I wonder how I'll react when Jett goes t school?? :(