11.19.2010

Choo Choo

I am feeling pretty proud of myself right about now.  Due to my lack of artistic talent, this project turned out way better than I was expecting.

We wanted to buy Jax and Ben a train table, but were a little weary because we didn't want to spend $200 on something we weren't sure they would play with.  So, I decided to take matters into my own hands and make a cheaper version so that I wouldn't be mad if they didn't play with it every day.  So, after a google search, I found the perfect tutorial to follow.  It was SOOO easy!!  And, it cost me a total of $42 (I did make 3 trips to Hobby Lobby and used the 40% off coupon 3 different times)!

Before:
I bought this table for $15 at DI.  It is the sturdiest rock you have ever seen.  So, Jax and Ben can climb all over it without breaking any bones.
After:
And, here she is!!!!!

Now, get yourself to Hobby Lobby STAT and make your own!

9 comments:

Lyssa said...

Goldie, that is just so cool. I was going ot do that (well not exactly that but make a train table) with a free coffee table I got but instead, painted numbers on it...you can find that on my craft blog.
Anyways, seriously awesome! Way to go!

Crystal said...

I was looking at tatertots and jello and found your name! haha! I'm addicted to my crafting sites! The table looks great; well done!

Natalie said...

Goldie, that's awesome! I saw your FB comment and had to check out your blog. I'm sure your boys will be over the moon about the table. Nice going. You are such a cute mom with darling boys.

Ashley said...

Go Goldie! That is awesome! Maybe if I have a little boy one day I'll hire you to help me make one.

Beck said...

Your amazing! I wish I could do stuff like that but Im completely handy when it comes to being crafty. VERY impressive woman!

the dunns said...

I would never even think to make my own!!! You are so crafty

Tim + Katie said...

I love it. I am going to make one. Also, when did Utah get a Hobby Lobby? There was one in Nebraska near us and I loved to go there.

Rebecca said...

Wow I am impressed. Someday if I ever have a boy I will be copying you. Good Job!!

Heather Lee said...

ok, first I don't think you're allowed to claim that you don't have an artistic bone in your body...everything you do turns out amazing.
Like this train table. SO CUTE!