9.06.2010

cruisin

This last week Chase and I went on a cruise to the Western Caribbean.
Oh, it was wonderful.
My parents watched Jax and Ben for the first 4 days, and Chase's parents watched them for the last 4 days.  This was the first time that we really left our kids for more than one night.  It was probably harder for me than for them!

But, Chase and I had the best week ever!!

In Grand Cayman we went to Sting Ray City.
I was freaked at first.  But, I soon came to love that smooth skin.
Our tour guide, Mark, took this photo.  He was pretty dang funny.
Chase holding the sting ray. :)
And again.
Mark told him that he needed a different shot for facebook and for twitter. :)
So funny!
And, here we are!  This was probably after I had to warm up to them for 30 minutes.
Wow!  Obviously this huge, cheesy smile shows that I did, in fact, warm up to them.
They are SO heavy.  They can't support their own body weight when lifter so it is dead weight.
Our dinner group was so fun.  I am pretty sure that I wish we could meet up once a week with this group.  We laughed pretty hard every night!!!
And here we are...eating...AGAIN.
Oh my gosh.  Have you ever been on a cruise?  It is pretty much an eating marathon.
I am sure that I had at least 30 ice cream cones.
Don't worry, I am NOT proud of that.

It was so fun being out on the ocean.  And, it was beautiful!



Formal Night
The wind was obviously raging this night.  Chase's hair is proof of that!!
Pretty sure that all of our photos are us eating.
We need to now do a week long cleanse.
It was so wonderful to just be me and Chase.
We never get to do that!  And, it was so nice to just take care of myself. 
I usually am packing a huge bag with diapers, snacks, a change of clothes for two people, two sippy cups, a bottle, toys, and anything else you can imagine.  I was wonderful to wake up only 20 minutes before we wanted to get off the ship and change, brush my teeth, and go.

However, it was so nice to come home.  We missed our little boys so much.  Being away made us realize how much we really do love our life!

This trip did not disappoint.  However, I will be on a very strict diet for like 6 months to undo the damage done in these 8 days. :)

8 comments:

the dunns said...

so so so jealous!!!!

Andrew and Jenna said...

This post makes me so excited for our cruise! And your dress for formal night is sooo cute... where did you get it? I need to find something to wear for ours! Glad you guys had a great time!

Austin & Andrea said...

Oh my heck that looks amaaaaazing! So fun! The eating is the best (and worst) thing ever on a cruise. Don't worry..... I have been in a 5 month vacation like that so you can imagine how long I have to diet when I get home. Not looking forward to it at all.

Beck said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!! Looks like sooooooooo much fun. And you look beautiful.

The Morales Family said...

How Fun! I love Cruises!!! It is so pretty over there!

Julie said...

Looks like it was so much fun! I love the sting ray pictures, just beautiful!!! I'm glad you guys could have a get away! Hang out soon??

Lauren Clyde said...

Envious! I know exactly what you mean about the food... Tyler & I had ice cream & french fried every night! And everything else is So rich & decadent, you feel 5 lbs heavier after each meal! Glad you had a fun time together. It is hard to leave your kids but So totally worth it! We're planning a friends cruise next year & your pictures got me really excited for that ;o)

Konold's said...

Jealous!!! Jealous!!! Jealous!!!