So, I have joined a new health challenge.
It started Monday, but I didn't sign-up until yesterday.
So, if you are really interested, I am sure they will still let you join today.
Check out the blog:
Here is a little of the info.
Wish me luck with no sugar!!!!
As a participant, you will have the opportunity to earn points every day by following a list of requirements. At the end of every week, you will total your points then record them to the "8 Weeks to a Better You Points Bracket". All the participants will receive access to this online spreadsheet, and we trust will be truthful when recording their points. On you honor people!
Here's how you earn points...
Physically Better Yourself
1. Exercise at least 45 minutes a day!
2. Get AT LEAST 7 hours of sleep a night (if you are short a little just squeeze a nap in to make up for it).
3. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day
4. No Sugar-there are different ways to do this. We prefer eliminating sugars and white flours (which turn into sugars) to get the most bang for your buck. But if you would like to just do without sugars than you can make that call.
5. No Soda or Junk Food Yes that means no Diet Coke ladies or fast food! Ya we know that will not be an easy point to earn...but you will love yourself and how you feel if you do it.
6. Eat at least 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of vegetables
7. No eating after 8 p.m.
Emotionally/Spiritually Better Yourself
8. Write in your journal EVERY DAY.
9. Complete at least 15 minutes of uplifting reading or scripture study.
10. Complete an act of service or random act of kindness. Whether it be a small one or a big one, do something kind for someone else that is out of your normal routine.
You receive 1 point per item per day, so that's 10 points a day you can earn. There will also be 1 bonus challenge every week worth extra points. It could be anything from cleaning out your fridge to donating your time or money to a charity or worthy cause.
Now we know this is not easy so to help out you get a FREE DAY where you get the full 10 points whether or not you complete all the requirements! You can choose which day of each week is your free day each week, but you cannot choose different days for different points. The only exception to this rule is exercise. Your free day from exercise can be different if you choose. For example - you may choose Saturday as your free day but choose to workout that day and take Sunday off from exercise.