2.05.2010

Happy Birthday Jax

This little sweetie turned 2 today!
Is there anywhere better to celebrate than at McDonalds?!
Yes, I realize that I was a bit ridiculous thinking that a 2 year old should have a friend birthday party, but it was wonderful. We all gathered at McDonalds for some nuggets, slides, and doughnuts.
Some 2 year olds totally get their birthday. Jax isn't quite there yet. It took quite a while for me to get him to open a gift. This Mr. Potato head from Kennan and Brooke was for sure a favorite.

Now, let's meet Jax's friends who so graciously attended his rockin' party:
His cousins Roen and Milo.
So cute. Roen was so excited to give Jax his gift..although he made it clear that deep down he wanted to keep it for himself. :)
My sweet moma - of course.
She wouldn't dream of missing his little party. She was Ben's designated snuggler for the party so that I could keep an eye on Jax. (However, at one point Jax was found back in the McDonald's kitchen. I obviously wasn't doing my job quite as well as I should have.)

Kennan holding Brooke's Poppy and little Ben. Ben was SO excited for his big brother's birthday party. :) We kinda think that Ben and Poppy look like they could be siblings. They have the same eyes.
One of Jax's best buddies Char.
I didn't get a picture of Jacque, but she was definitely part of the celebrating. Char is the sweetest, smartest 2 year old ever!!
Kennan, Brooke, Jude and Greta. Minie and Poppy were off sliding, but you better believe that my childhood besties were present.
My mom, Amber, Roen and Chey.

Heather and Holland. Holland has a total crush on Jax and is not afraid to show it. She was singing Happy Birthday to Jax all morning in anticipation for the party.
The birthday boy, Kelsey, and Olivia (and baby Harper in Kelsey's belly). Kelsey and I have been buds ever since we were singing "Heal the World" on my grandparent's swingsets. Olivia was giving Jax hugs any chance she got.
So, I really wanted Jax to wear this big birthday hat. He hated it! Haha I was trying to just get one picture of him in it so I could pretend he wore it. After a few tries he finally put his hand on his chin like, "Oh, mom..." and kept it on for the 2 seconds it took to snap a picture.


I love this little guy. He has completely changed my life. My entire days are dedicated to him and his little bro. It is the greatest. He is such a sweet boy.

Ben, me, and Jax
Regretfully, Chase had to work in the middle of the day - go figure. But, you better believe he will be present for the family party that will be going on tonight - stay tuned for more pictures.
Happy Birthday my little Jax!!!!
Love you!

11 comments:

Kelsey said...

Look at how on top of your blogging you are. Let me be the first to say that his party was a complete hit! You sure know how to throw a rockin' Mcdonald's party. I also want to say that we never should've stopped singing our "Heal the World" duets. Good times.
P.s. I don't approve of my pregnant self being posted, but I guess I'll let it slide since Jax and Olivia are in the photo as well.

maggie said...

I'm pretty sure I want my next b-day at mcdonalds!
He's so cute golds!

maggie

kennan said...

thanks for the invite. a great time was had by all, seeing as we williams girls stayed until the party was way beyond over. why don't we hang out more? i don't get it.

happy birthday handsome jax!

Andrew and Jenna said...

Happy Birthday Jax! I cannot believe he is 2. You have a 2 year old. Crazy! I guess that means it's time for #3, right? :)

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

loved the party, and loved seeing you!

i agree with kennan.. why aren't we hanging out more?

minie has been talking about "Jax-y" ever since the bash. she might have a little crush herself.

Heather Lee said...

I'm pretty sure Holland was waiting for her Marilyn Monroe'esque moment to sing to her little crush. She's probably pretty disappointed that Jax ran out of there with Mrs Potatoehead instead.

Jacqueline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jacqueline said...

That sure was an awesome party!
And, your mom looks SO BEAUTIFUL in that picture!

Tyler + Lauren Clyde said...

Hey Goldie ;o)

I found you through Ester's blog! I'm excited I did... but don't get too excited to check my blog, I don't stay very current. I'm going to try & blog at least once a week from now on though. It's tough to be a mom of two & stay current on your social life via the internet, right!?

LinDsEy ShaUn said...

Goldie,
i am in shock!
jax has changed so much since i last saw him. he is starting to look like a little man . . . or little boy not a toddler.
he is super cute.
i hope you are swell and well.

Lyssa said...

I bet he was in heaven. What a fun party! Just the fact you were at McDonalds...I would have died!
What a cute bunch of kids too ;)