11.30.2009

gratitude

Thanksgiving has come and gone, but I am still allowed to be grateful for things even after the holiday.  As I have gotten older (a whopping 25 years old:) and become a wife and mother, my gratitude for the people and things in my life have grown ten fold.

I am grateful for

Chase.  What would I do without him?  He is perfect - perfect for me.  I was in love after our first date.  I never thought my love for him would grow so much.  He is such a great husband and such a great dad.  He is so concerned about our two little boys.  He will hover outside the nursery door looking through the peep hole to make sure Jax is alright.  It is pretty sweet.  He can't keep a straight face when he looks at Ben.  That little boy makes him melt.  And, I would be lying if I didn't say he was also sweet to me.  And, he is one hot boy!!

Jax.  Oh, my little Jax.  If there is one person in this world that reminds me I am alive, it is this little boy.  He might be the most hyper, active, curious, (disobedient) child to walk the planet.  I love him so much.  I am so grateful to be his mom.  When this little boy runs to me, gives me a giant hug, and grabs me by the cheeks to plant a big kiss on my lips I melt.

Ben.  This little boy is the happiest, squishiest thing alive!  All you have to do is look at him and smile, and he lights up with a huge grin and a giggle.  If anyone can make you smile, it is this little dude.  I am so happy that this little baby came to me.  He is so sweet and patient.  There is nothing like a sweet, innocent baby to remind you of heaven.

My family and Chase's family (my second family).  We have been so blessed with the greatest families ever.  I don't think I ever leave either of our parents house's empty handed.  I am always taking home food, clothes for my kids, clothes for myself, Christmas trees, cribs, you name it!  And, both of our parents are so helpful with our two crazy kids.  They are so willing to help and spend so much time watching our little boys when I am tutoring.  It is such a blessing to know that we have families who love us, love our kids, and sacrifice so much to help us.

My Savior.  The older I get, the more I understand my Savior, His love for me, and His Atonement.  It is through Him that I have learned unconditional love.  It is through Him I have learned to forgive.  I am so grateful for an older brother who gave His life for me.  I am so grateful that I know Him and that I know His gospel.

I am so grateful for a time of year that leads me to sit back and think of all my blessings.  It is so easy to forget how much I am blessed with.  I am so thankful for this time of year.

1 comment:

sarah said...

First off...I'm grateful every time you update your blog!
(it's the closest thing I have to actually hanging out with you)!

Your kids ARE adorable, and they're lucky to have you as their sweet mama!