7.09.2009

Swine Flu


Well, it's official. Chase is a confirmed case of SWINE FLU! Last night Chase started feeling sick. In the middle of the night he was soooo hot. I don't know what his temperature was, but I am pretty sure it was probably dangerously high. He woke up and got ready for work. He kept saying how he should call in sick, but ended up going anyway. At about 4:00 this afternoon he couldn't take it anymore. He went to the doctor and was tested for swine flu....and he is a confirmed case.
Having two kids under 2, hanging around the swine flu is not exactly ideal. Chase's doctor said that he should not be around Jax and Ben. So, I had to pack my bags (and I mean BAGS...it takes a lot of gear to handle two little babies). Chase will be contagious for 5-7 days. I had to take Jax and Ben and go to my parents. We have to keep our distance so that my two little squishies don't get really sick. And, don't worry because I started to cry when I had to leave my sick little Chase at home all alone to try and recover...and hopefully not die!!
So, wish us luck. Poor Chase is MISERABLE. I really hope that it doesn't spread through the whole family. Poor Chaser...

8 comments:

sarah said...

Oh my gosh, Goldie! Why do the same things keep happening to us? Brett was tested for swine flu when Jack was 2 weeks...and luckily he didn't have it... but I was FREAKING OUT!
I can only imagine having to pack up your kiddies alone and leave him behind.. at least you have your awesome mom to help you out!
Let me know if you need anything!
I should come see you while you're in Highland...

jayni & ben said...

Sad. I think my husband had it too. His sister and brother did. But he didn't die :D Good luck with Chase. I love that you named your son Ben. That is a good name!!!

Andrew and Jenna said...

Ahh poor Chase! I wonder who he got it from. Hope the next week goes by fast for you.

Austin and Andrea said...

Ohhhh no. Swine flu is not fun. Poor guy. We saw your mom last night, and she told us that you moved in for a while haha. Good luck!

Jobi Niu said...

SCARY!! I bet you're going to die without his help huh? Luckily your family will be there to help you. Your probably dying not being able to comfort him while he's sick too.. Poor Chase! Hope he gets better ASAP.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

what??


i can't believe i was with you all day today and i had NO idea this was going on!!. tsk, tsk...

:)

for real, i truly sorry, and i hope chase gets better soon.

also... your preview is up!!! Check it out at:
www.oliverminiejclientpreviews.blogspot.com

hope you lurve them!!!

Renae said...

Poor Chase!! I hope he's feeling better now. That must have been terrible for you also to pack up the kids and have to leave. I'm so sorry!