2.05.2009

Happy Birthday Jax!


Today Jax turned one!

It has been a bittersweet day for me.  Of course I am excited to celebrate my sweet little baby boy, but I have also been so sad that he is already a whole year old.  Last night I was rocking him to sleep and just bawled in the rocking chair holding him.  I was so sad that he is growing up so fast.  Then, I started feeling bad that I was already having another baby and won't just be able to give him all my attention.  That made the crying even worse.  Then, it all happened again today.  It has been a rough birthday.

This last year has been wonderful.  Jax has made our lives so happy.  I love being a mom so much, and this cute little dude could not be any sweeter.  I don't think you can explain a parent's love.  It is so much deeper than I ever imagined.  This little boy is in my every thought.  My life is lived to take care of him (and his dad).  
This morning I made Jax pancakes.  I tried to make him a pancake that was shaped like a one...turns out he got a BURNT pancake that actually looks like a TWO!!!  Oops...hopefully it is the thought that counts on this one.  He looks happy enough though.
Roen (pantless), Jax, Nanny
Jax is opening a present from my mom.  She also got this "Happy Birthday" headband for him to wear - which he wore all night long and didn't even care!
Milo, Chase, Jax

Jax really seemed to like his new bouncing zebra.
I love this picture!!  Char got on the zebra for a ride and when Jax tried to push her off she gave him a dirty look.  I love it!
Presents, presents, presents!  Jax's grandma and grandpa and aunts and uncles sure spoiled him.  He does, however, look a little uncomfortable in his new hat! :)

9 comments:

Heather Lee said...

Happy Birthday JAX!

Jobi Niu said...

Awww HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAX!! I can't believe he is ONE already. Time flies huh? He's SO SO SO CUTE! Your boys will be the best of friends. How exciting!

Austin and Andrea said...

That cake you made could not be cuter. Maybe when I am a mom I will all the sudden turn artsy like that... you think? I can't believe he is one, and he's the cutest one year old at that. That's sooo sad you cried all day :( better luck on his next birthday haha! You are a cute mom! Happy Birthday Jax!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Yay Jax! Happy Birthday. I can't believe it has already been a year. That is crazy!

Beck said...

That is so crazy that he is one! He is so dang cute! Hope you are still feeling good. You look amazing as always.

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Happy Birthday Jaxer! He could not have been any more thrilled about his "2" pancake! You're the best mom to make him a special breakfast on his birthday! He's the cutest!

Konold's said...

He's so big he could be 2!! You have big babies, girl! Jax's life will be made better by having a brother. Don't be so hard on yourself. You are a great mom!

LinDsEy ShaUn + JerEMy said...

thank you thank you for not getting sick while your preggers. I swear EVERYONE in the world gets sick and it makes me wonder, especially because that is the first question they ask right! HALLELUJAH. I'm so excited you are having numero dos. and happy birfday to Jaxy

karyn said...

yea! I am so happy you found me and that you have a blog. Kim told me your big news! I can't believe it. I am so jealous you got through half of your pregnancy without even knowing it. and creepy that you and cindy are due so close together again. and your little guy is so cute! thank goodness for blogs and we can keep in touch!