1.14.2009

Sundays...

Well, it is already Wednesday, and I still don't think that I have fully recovered from Sunday. The three hours of church are a whole new world once you have a baby who is old enough to make lots of noise and move around the room. This Sunday at church was quite the test of patience.
When Chase and I got to church we decided that we weren't even going to attempt sacrament meeting in the chapel this week. We decided that after Jax crawled around the entire place last week and tried to rip someones scriptures, we were going to spend sacrament in the foyer. It was a lot less stressful - not worrying too much about his loud babbling and climbing on everything - but not any easier. I still had to chase him around for the entire hour.
Well, Sunday school approached, and we decided to give it a try. Ten minutes later, we were back out in the hall. Luckily Breanne (Bateman) and her little boy M.J. were there to accompany us! :)
As Relief Society came up I decided that Jax was just going to tough it out so that I could listen to an entire lesson. I had already listened to 2 sacrament meetings from the foyer the two privious hours. The first twenty minutes of Relief Society were great. He just layed in my lap drinking his bottle like a little angel. But, that changed after he was done with the bottle. He started walking up and down the rows FARTING so loud. Not just one fart, like multiple farts - and he even ended one fart with a burp! A couple girls in my ward would turn around and we would all start laughing. My little Jax was being just a little bit too manly for Relief Society. It was pretty funny, but needless to say, I had to leave Relief Society too due to my loud farting kid.
So, once again I spent another class listening to someone else's sacrament meeting. I guess I am lucky that there were sacrament meetings going on all 3 hours so that I didn't get too bored. But, I am beginning to wonder how you make it through church when you have kids...especially ones that fart really loud.

10 comments:

The Thomas Trio said...

I feel your pain Golds! Don't worry...it gets worse :)

maggie

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

That is the best thing I've ever heard! I know exactly how you feel. I'm always exhausted after church, but it's good to know that someone else feels the same! I'll be thinking of you when I'm in Sunday school and Olivia is growling at and beating the other kids in class!

Heather Lee said...

HAHAHA! I am so glad he rounded it off with a burp. I can definitely relate to the whole, "why even go" mentality when it comes to having a baby not in nursery. I will be way sad when she can actually go to nursery though, I love having her with me.

Heather Lee said...

my one complaint...can we please get Stanley Steemers in there? Holland always leaves with black knees.

Jobi Niu said...

Girl... I know EXACTLY what you're going through BUT DOUBLE! I like can't even enjoy church, it's hard. I was laughing SO hard at him FARTING and BURPING! ha ha ha He's soooo cute! GEEZ

Aust & Ange said...

Haha that's so funny - can't wait for that :)

Jeff and Brandi said...

That is hilarious! I've realized its hard to hear a single thing at church. Dylan can't go to church for the next few months since its "sick" season. The Doc won't let him be in crowds so Jeff and I switch off who gets to go. I'm going to enjoy actually listening! Also why is it that no matter what time church is....its during one of their naps. It really throws the whole day off! Exhausting! PS...I love that he was farting. That's the greatest thing I've ever heard.

Your Master Esthetician said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew and Jenna said...

That is too funny. Way to go Jax, he's turning into a real man! :)

Renae said...

This soon shall pass. And by soon I mean in about 16 years. This is the first year we've had all kids in primary and we can actually sit in sacrament. (as long as we strategically sit between all of them to avoid fighting ;) I think we should do like the Catholics and have a separate room for families with little kids. Wait, don't they also just go to church on holidays? Hmmmm...