1.19.2009

Snowbird

This past weekend was the annual Holmstead Family Snowbird condo trip.  My family has been going to stay at the condo at Snowbird since way before I was even born.  Ever since I was little we eagerly waited for this weekend.  My cousin Kelsey and I could probably talk and laugh for hours reminiscing all the memories we have at the condo.  Well, this year wasn't quite like the others.

Saturday morning I got my car all packed up to go right after Chase got home from work.  But sadly, that didn't happen.  Jax had been throwing up for a couple days and I finally took him to the doctor Saturday.  Turns out that my poor little baby was pretty sick.  He had a gnarly stomach flu, an ear infection, and a fungal bum rash caused from all the diarrhea from the stomach flu.  My doctor told me not to take him on the trip because this stomach flu had been going around and was passed easily.  Great...

So, right after that Chase called me and told me that he couldn't be more miserable.  Jax had passed the stomach flu onto him too. So, reluctantly I had to unpack my car because we wouldn't be going to spend the weekend at Snowbird hanging out with everyone and eating lots of junk food.

Saturday we didn't leave the house because Jax and Chase were both way too sick.  But, the next morning I did what any terrible wife would do.  I left my two sick boys home and went to Snowbird alone.  And, I even went skiing with my family!  I seriously had the time of my life while Chase and Jax were miserable at home.  

The last time I skied I was 14 years old.  Suzette and I pretty much thought we owned the slopes (and we did).  At 14 I switched to snowboarding, but haven't been since I was like 20.  I actually didn't do too bad skiing.  I only fell once all day..and that was while standing in line - not to mention that I knocked over a little 12 year old boy on my way down. :)

I seriously came home in like the best mood ever.  It was 48 degrees while I was skiing!  How could it get any better than that.  I kept telling Chase how much fun I had, in a non-rubbing-it-in way.  Finally, Chase told me that he is going to send me skiing once a week from now on so that I am always in this good of a mood!  Ha ha...

But, after all these years I just thought that it needed to be documented that I actually went skiing and LOVED IT!

5 comments:

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

We SOOOO owned the slopes, especially BLACK JACK! helllo, do you not remember practicing our 360's? ha ha I miss those days, those were so fun. I am glad you went skiing, I haven't been forever either. that sucks your boys were sick but so sweet you got to go. Oh and by the way those clothes I gave away were beyond the 7th grade days, ha ha They were like my 4 th grade clothes that I rat packed for 20 years! nothing cute I promise, plus I had a lot of jaynes hand me downs since Jr. High so they were hilarious and way ugly. plus my size 13.5 gym shoes from 7th grade aren't too cute anymore.

xoxo

Jeff and Brandi said...

Sounds like fun to get away for a day. It is noooo fun having sick boys. It seems to be going around. I hope you don't get it and I hope your house is feeling better soon!

Austin and Andrea said...

I haven't been snowboarding since I have been married, and that is really sad. I beg Austin to go - and he won't cause he is LAME. I guess I need to just do what you did and leave his sorry A at home. I guess Chase is feeling better since him and Austin are hanging out right this second. Poor guys. Hopefully you don't get it. Hopefully Austin doesn't get it from Chase, and hopefully I don't get it.

Maybe I'll be seein you at the Superbowl party I keep hearing about??? We haven't hung out in a really long time. I guess we need a baby.

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

We seriously could reminisce for hours! Good Times! By the way, I'm so glad that at least one of us made it onto the slopes (even if you did take out a little kid in the process)! I should've strapped on some skis and some 80's ski clothes and joined ya!

Peter & Darise said...

I can't remember when the last time was I went skiing. It's the best though isn't it? i'm glad you had fun. You deserved the break.