1.27.2009

HAPPY HAPPY NEWS

Well, this pregnancy is turning out to be quite the interesting one.  First off, I only found out that I was pregnant 2 weeks ago.  I was quite shocked.  But, secretly grateful that there was an explanation to my growing belly.  So, today I went to the doctor for my first appointment.  It turned out to be quite hilarious.

So, the doctor asked me the date of my last period, and I told him 2 years ago...before Jax.  That didn't really give him the information needed.  So, we went in to do an ultrasound.  The doctor asked me if I'd like a normal belly or a vaginal ultrasound since the baby might be too small to see on a normal ultrasound.  I chose the normal belly one hoping to get out of the awkward second choice.  As the doctor started he said, "Wow!  You're pretty far along.  The baby is too big to even see the whole body at once."  I couldn't have been happier with the information!

So, as the ultrasound went on, we got more information then any parent could have imagined at their first visit.  Here are the stats:

18 weeks along
Due: July 1, 2009
and...
IT'S A BOY!!!

This is going to be the best pregnancy ever.  I am like almost half way done and didn't even know!!  I guess that I can't be too mad about the nerve the Costco lady had asking me if I was pregnant.

20 comments:

Peter & Darise said...

Oh my word that's so cool. Wow, what a great first appointment.

sarah said...

I know I've already texted you 99 times today.. but I just realized... since you'll have 2 within 17 months of each other... you must be on Kristin's schedule!! How will I ever keep up? I'm so jealous of your appointment! It's taken me like 5 to get all that info! WAY TO GO!! boys rule!

Jacque said...

Yes! Every mother's dream pregnancy!

Jacque said...

I've decided I'm never buying a pregnancy test again. If I think I'm pregnant, I'll just head on over to your friend at the Costo Sample table and wait to see if I get any comments...

The Morales Family said...

Holly Cow Goldie!!!That would be the ideal pregnancy for sure!!! Congratulations it's fun to have two boys in a row!!!

Crystal said...

What a great day!! I am so happy for you! I can't believe you weren't sick/tired... any of those pregnancy symptoms; good for you! Someone posted 17 months apart; is that right?!

Joshua - Melissa - Mason said...

You Dorkus, so we are pretty much due at the exact same time!

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

I still can't believe this story. I just told Jonny and he thought it was so hilarious as well. Dude, I swear you are the luckiest girl I know with everything! I am so jealous!!!! Your going to be one of those mom's that has 16 kids just cause it so easy and you don't know your pregnant! I love you, It was good talking to you today.

Suzer

Andrew and Jenna said...

That is unreal! And how freaking sweet for you! We're excited to see you guys on Sunday!

B RACHEL AND LENNON said...

you NERD!! I really can't believe that. i am so jealous. that is every girls dream! And another boy! How great. congrats golds

Jobi Niu said...

OH MY GOSH! I can't believe that! CRAZY! That is AWESOME! Another boy.. he he he I love it! :]

kennan said...

hilarious.... and could you be any more lucky? congrats on 2 boys!

Austin and Andrea said...

Okay Heather told me this at the gym last night and I was dying. That is so great and hilarious!!!! That is lucky that your first 3 months is over with no sickness at all hahah!! Congrats on two boys! That will be so fun! I seriously can't believe that... I have never heard of that happening to anyone. Congrats on being the first! See you Sunday!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Love it! I was so happy to hear the news! Bust out those maternity shirts right now!! Best of luck with the second half of your pregnancy!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Seriously to not be sick is AMAZING! I can't believe you had no idea! At this rate you are going to have 4 before I'm brave enough for number 2!!! Congrats girl! I'm excited for you.

Beck said...

Goldie that is the craziest thing I have EVER heard. Congrats! And seriously you really are half way done. Lucky girl!! Hope the rest goes as well as the first!!
I wish that was my excuse for my growing belly!!

Suzy Hunter said...

Congratulations!! That is the best way to go through 18 weeks of a pregnancy - you are so darling, and you and Chase are amazing parents! We are very happy for you!

Suzy Hunter said...

Congratulations!!!! What a great way to take the first shift of your pregnancy. I spent the first 18 weeks in bed or in the hospital! I am so so happy for you all! You and Chase are the cutest parents and how lucky for baby #2 to get you as parents!

georgeandmarie said...

Congrats!! Its not that bad to have 2 that close together! You'll do great! Its fun!!

reno and mel said...

Ah! That is awesome... Jax will be the cutest big brother. I cannot believe you are already that far along, congrats!