12.22.2008

Snowed In


I can't leave my house.  Truly, I want to, but I just can't do it.  Last year I got stuck for almost 7 hours in the hugest snowstorm ever on the Micron road on February 13th.  Jax was only 8 days old!  It was terrible.  I was crying in my car on the phone with my mom, Chase, and even the Highland/Alpine police!  Yep, I called the police to ask them what in the world was going on.

We finally pulled over at the gas station across the street from Micron, where we were greeted by a few friendly faces that were also stuck.  At about 10:00pm my mom and dad bravely rescued me and my 8 day old baby from the snow.

Well, needless to say, I now think I suffer from chionophobia - fear of the snow.  Honestly, I am serious.  When I wake up to see snow pouring down, I about freak if I have to drive anywhere in my very NON 4-WHEEL DRIVE car.  Like, I could hyperventilate just thinking about it.  My lease is up next year and I will be either getting a seriously snow tough 4-wheel drive or a snow cat (Preferably the snow cat)!!  Not to mention, I am equally nervous for Chase to drive to and from work.  I stare at the weather report all day and especially during the time of his commute.  I have honestly told him he needs to stay home from work due to the weather.  It think I may need to switch states...  

Today is one of those days where my blood pressure might be a little higher than normal.  The snow is just pouring.  My chionophobia is getting intensified! Seriously, I might need some medication to get it under control.  I was suppose to take Jax to get some pictures taken today, but luckily I canceled and rescheduled.  I am not going anywhere.  That terrible day last February has scarred me.  I look out the window and think the snow looks absolutely beautiful, but HATE it more than ever!!

3 comments:

Heather Lee said...

I remember last year, when you called me the next day to relate the events...not to say it wasn't terrible for you, and that I would never want to be in that spot, BUT at least you weren't giving birth on the floor of a MAXI MART like the lady that accompanied you in the gas station. Really don't go out, I babysat my friends little girl today, and when I was going to leave, I got stuck. A fireman came over and told me that it wasn't worth it, and he noticed I had a baby with me, and said it's not worth it. So I sat in my car for a while (bc Holland was sleeping) and waited until Steve came to rescue me and pull my car out with a tow rope. I stayed in for the rest of the day...despite the fact that I have done ZERO Christmas shopping. Well besides for Steve.

Renae said...

Well....you know there's a solution for your chionophobia.....move to the desert! We're going to start a "Get Chase and Goldie to move to Gilbert" movement! ;) You know Janelle and the rest of my family will be on board. Yes, I know it's a "little hot" in the summer. But you don't get stuck in the heat. And then maybe Skye and Paul will follow, then Kent and Jana will have to visit!! It's brilliant! Moowaahaahaa! (that's my evil laugh if you couldn't tell) Anyways, think about it.;) merry Christmas! (The high today is around 65 degrees. How cold is it there?)

Andrea said...

Same with me! The first snow storm last week I had to drive to work... and I had diarrhea all day because I was afraid for to drive home and afraid for everyone to drive. I was texting everyong in the fam afraid for their lives... but this second snow storm this week... I somehow conquered my fear. I dug my car out of the snow three times all by myself, and I was was so proud. Now, I have confidence. Weird? Maybe you should try getting stuck in the snow, and digging yourself out. Sounds fun, right?