12.02.2008

Oh Sleep, Where Have You Gone?

This little lovely has really decided to make me exhausted.  His sleeping through the night has pretty much disappeared.  I am not sure what the deal is.  Probably the two more teeth he is getting - that will put him to a grand total of 6.  I think I am just going to blame it on the teeth so that I don't have to come to terms with the fact that he is turning a little naughty.

Last night, he woke up at midnight ready for food.  What 10 month old already needs food when he just ate at 9:00pm?  Aren't they suppose to sleep through the night and be fine without food by now?  Then, at 4:00am he woke up again.  I let him cry for a little while hoping he'd just go back to sleep, but no such luck.  So, I went and got him, fed the little guy AGAIN and put him back in bed.  About 30 minutes later, he was up...FOR THE DAY!  

He thought that 5:00am seemed like a good time to play.  Let me tell you what I am not interested in at 5:00am - PLAYING!  But, I still had to hangout with him for a little while whether I liked it or not.  At about 5:30am Chase came to the rescue.  They watched a little Sponge Bob (which apparently is on at all hours), and Jax finally fell asleep.  But, he only slept an hour.  Then, he was ready to take on the day.

I, however, was not ready to take on anything this morning when he was up bright and early.  I felt exhausted!  I am not sure I can handle this much longer.  Perhaps there is a nighttime babysitting service I need to look into.

10 comments:

Lyssa said...

Man, I hate when that happens!
I'm going to try to figure out why he's up...how many naps does he take right now?
And instead of feeding him at night, give him either a pacifier or just some water. It might be habit or he might just like to suck...because if he's eaten at 9 pm, he is definately not hungry. And is he on solids 3 times a day? if he get enought calories in the day then there shouldn't be any hunger issues at night. So the best thing to do is not feed him at night. He might like getting more food so he might continue to wake up knowing he's going to get fed!
I hope it is just the teeth thing. Get some homeopathic tablets for that. Kate's a waker too and that always helps!
I promise i'm not a baby guru but I love the Baby Whisperer, which helped solve all my problems! I seriously recommend reading it. It helps with ALOT of issues! Anyways, enough of my novel! Good luck. If you have any questions, seriously email me.

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

If you find a night time babysitting service, please send that number right over to me! Olivia goes through those stages and it's THE WORST! Best of luck with the little man! Hang in there!

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

Love that mohawk!

Konold's said...

You need to buy some teething tablets. They are the best! They are little pellets that melt in their mouth and really seem to work. We use to give Stockton 3 of them before bed and it really helped. It might also just be his age. Sucks.

Heather Lee said...

I love the new do, but it makes him look SO OLD! haha (how does that feel?=)) I still like to think that my baby will be a baby forever...but I must come to grips with it, and put together a PARTY! You and your soon to be ONE YEAR OLD best be in attendance.

Andrew and Jenna said...

Jax is an angel, he is not naughty! Haha. Just drop him off at our house, I'm normally up pretty late :) I keep telling Andrew that he needs to call Chase to have you guys come over, but I guess we should quit relying on our husbands and take care of this ourselves. Let me know when would be a good time for you guys!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Sounds like my situation last week when Dylan got his first 2 teeth. I thought I might die of exhaustion and sleep deprivation. Let me know if you figure out the magical cure so I can get through the next teeth!

Janelle said...

Sleep is a subject I really don't like to think about.:) These little guys go through all sorts of funks and stages...we just suffer through it! So sad about his impetigo! That breaks my heart. Poor baby Jax.

The Gunderson's said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Peter & Darise said...

Oh wow, I feel so bad for you. There's nothing I hate worse than being woken up in the middle of the night. Both Peter and I cherish our sleep. It's going to be tough once we finally have a baby who's interrupting that cherished sleep. That's the one thing I don't look forward to. I sure hope this doesn't turn into an every night sort of thing.