11.05.2008

You Know You're Old When...

You can ride a bike!
9 Months Old
30 1/4 inches long (95th percentile)
21 pounds 11 ounces (75th percentile)

Today, Jax is 9 months old.  I can't believe it.  When I think about the last 9 months, I can't help but smile.  Oh, how my life changed 18 months ago.  

I can still remember the day perfectly that I found out I was pregnant.  Just before I took the pregnancy test, Chase voiced his doubts about it.  He didn't think I was pregnant.  I pretty much cried wolf, I guess you could say, and took pregnancy tests quite often.  But, I kinda felt like this time I had a chance...and I was right!  Chase about died when I showed him the positive sign.  He was speechless - literally.  We said we weren't going to tell anyone for 3 months.  But, by the next morning, everyone we had ever known knew.  Now, we couldn't be happier to have baby Jax in our home.

9 months old is a pretty crazy time.  You can't turn your head for 10 seconds.  This little man is a full-time job, that is for sure.  Now that he is a master crawler and pulls himself up to everything (toilets included), I have to keep a close eye on him if I don't want to go to the emergency room.  I didn't realize how active a baby could be.

In the last 9 months I think my heart has grown 100 times.  I don't think you understand the unconditional love you can have for your child until you become a parent - not to mention how my love for Chase has grown watching him become a dad.

Oh baby Jax, these last 9 months have been much more enjoyable than the 9 months before when I carried you in my belly. :)

12 comments:

Heather Lee said...

my thoughts exactly...
I remember when I got the news you were pregnant! I think it was 10 minutes after you peed on the stick (not really but it was way quick) I was already like 2 months pregnant and hadn't told a soul. I'm so glad we can share motherhood stories now instead of "how fat do you feel?" comparisons.

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

What a little stud! He is so cute! I know what you mean. The last 10 months with Olivia has been awesome too! How fun is being a mom? By the way, you and chase look like serious fitness buffs on Halloween and Jax looks so darling!

Andrea said...

Gosh he is so old I can't believe. You are such a cute mom, and chase is a cute dad!

Renae said...

He just gets cuter every day. Enjoy every second, because it zooms by.
I loved your Halloween picts! Especially yours and Chase's costumes. Seeing Chase like that reminds me of Kent when I was a kid. ;) Totally Awesome!

Tim + Katie said...

What an adorable kid. I can't believe he is already 9 months. Where has the time gone?

Jobi Niu said...

Don't you think that 9 months is just so much fun! That's my favortie age I think.. well I don't know.. I love it all.. but that time is extra fun! :) HE's SOOOO freaking cute! Time is FLYING huh?

Lacey said...

Hey Goldie!
I found your blog through Chantell's page. Your family is adorable!! I just started my blog a couple of weeks ago, so it is a work in progress!!! I can't believe your little boy is already 9 months old. He is soooo cute!

Janelle said...

You are so sweet! Any time I feel exhausted or done, I think I'll read this post. Motherhood truely is such a blessing. So when's #2 coming?:)

Lyssa said...

He's so big and such a cutie...I still think he's like a mini you!
It just gets better and better!

LinDsEy ShaUn + JerEMy said...

HEY, it was good to see you. I am sad that you weren't able to stay longer. Jax is super huge and so cute. HIS EYES! i am happy though that you are moving to Orem, even though we probably still won't hang out because life is life.
YOU LOOK FAB

Cody and Jessie said...

I love how you said you feel like your heart has grown 100 times since becoming a mother. That's so how I feel. It's the best feeling, and truley is something you can't understand until you become a parent. It's been fun for us to have another baby because those feelings of love just grow even more!

LinDsEy ShaUn + JerEMy said...

HEY! I know that you guys are going to be moving here in the future and if you guys need some serious arm strength, go ahead and don't call me. you can call jeremy though :) he is ripped.

no but really, let us know and we will be there to help you guys move. moving SUCKS!