11.23.2008

Impetigo



The last 2 weeks Jax has been fighting a gnarly case of impetigo.  It started out on his face, and since he has a serious love for sucking his hands, quickly spread ALL over his hands.  I had just taken him to the Dr. on Friday for his 9 month check-up.  But, by Monday morning, we were back at the doctor for a new issue.  How fun.  My poor little buddy had to just take some medicine and it would "clear up very quickly" - according to the doctor.

Well, Jax HATED the nasty tasting medicine.  So, for about 4 days I had to fight him twice a day to choke down any medicine at all.  I was pretty sure that he wasn't getting near the correct dose, and the ever spreading impetigo was proof that I was right.  So, after talking to my mom, she saved the day - as mom's usually do.  She sent me home with a big 'ol thing of Hershey's syrup.  I dumped a bunch into the medicine bottle, and Jax hasn't complained about the medicine since!  Ha ha..

I seriously have felt weird taking Jax into public the last 2 weeks.  I feel like people are like, "Get that diseased kid out of here.  I don't want him passing that stuff around!"  But, he's not contagious, just freaky looking.  Last weekend we were at a family party and my cousin Bobby grabbed a napkin and started scrubbing Jax's chin because he thought he was roaming around with food all over his face.  It was pretty funny when my mom and I broke him the news that it wasn't going to be coming off!  Poor little Jax.

Well, 2 weeks later, the impetigo isn't totally gone yet.  What was all that "clear up very quickly" business all about?  Sadly, the pictures above are actually not the impetigo at its' worst.

6 comments:

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

Oh the poor little guy... I am so sorry. He is so handsome!
Love you!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Poor little man! How hilarious when bobby tried to remove his blisters thinking they were food! Ha ha! Even with his rash, he is the cutest little boy ever!

Jeff and Brandi said...

Poor little guy. He is growing up. I can't believe how much he is looking like a little boy!

annie and jared said...

poor little jax! that is the saddest thing i have ever seen. well, he still looks adorable!

Renae said...

I hate having sick kids. It breaks my heart. The poor little guy. He's still totally cute, even with festering boils all over his face. ;)

LinDsEy ShaUn + JerEMy said...

OH NO! that looks painful, and in the very same moment, he doesn't look like he is in pain. I am serious about moving, i don't know when you said you were going to do it, and if you need help you need to let me know when and where!

hey check out the inspiring, comforting, and reassuring video I posted on my blog. i found it on youtube and I just love it.