8.31.2008

BYU Football


Yesterday marked the blessed day of the beginning of another BYU Football season.  For Chase, it was the beginning of his favorite time of year - football season.  When the end of August starts to roll around, Chase can't contain his excitement.  It's a pretty bad addiction.  Not only is he obsessed with college football (as if that isn't enough games to watch), he doesn't want to miss a NFL game either.  Oh boy... My weekends are about to change.

Yesterday we went to BYU's first game of the season.  We go every year.  When we first started going, I didn't know a dang thing about football - even though I cheered in high school and one year in college.  You would think that you would learn a few things when you are right on the sidelines for a few years, but apparently I was too busy with my hurkeys!  Anyway, the first year that I went with Chase to all the games I was most excited when the cheerleaders or Cougarettes rotated in front of us.  I finally had something to watch!  Also, in that first season I looked at Chase and said, "Why are they getting so many 1st downs every time?  Don't you have to get 4 downs and THEN start over with the first?"  It was then that he questioned what high school/college cheerleaders really do on the sidelines.

But, now that Chase and I are on our 3rd season since we've been dating/married, there is starting to be a little change inside of me.  Ought oh....Don't get me wrong.  I am nowhere near the same commitment level as Chase.  But, yesterday as I was driving to the stadium I was excited.  I think I just might be starting to bleed blue.


7 comments:

Jacque said...

lol--I just love BYU.

Renae said...

I laughed out loud the whole time reading this. I cheered 4 years and I swear I didn't know ANYTHING. Justin and I have been going to ASu's games for 4 years and I'm still learning. I've cheered out loud so many times when something bad has happened.

They changed our cheerleaders into a "spirit line". Basically sleazy dancing cheerleaders. It made me sad. I think they even got rid of the guys. They were my favorite part. (girls just don't go as high being thrown by other girls)
Glad you guys enjoyed it. Have fun being a football widow.

Burdick Family said...

Hi Goldie- I just started our family's blog and remembered Chase sending Jim yours when you had Jax. He is getting so big! It goes by way too fast. Anyway, this is a fun way to keep in touch.

Andrea said...

Oh my gosh no....i'll never be a fan. For me, it's the worst time of the year. I am a really bad wife. I don't let Austin watch that much. Basketball I can deal with, but Football I think is soooo dang boring boring boring!! Austin went to the game - without me. He loved it, but he has to go alone. Plus, Football is outside, and when it is cold - it's HORRIBLE! I actually might have enjoyed that game since it was still hot outside. Hmm...anyway did Chase tell you we have a class together. I already slept in on the second day and missed a quiz. Awesome.

Konold's said...

LOL! Football Widow??!! That is awesome! Paul and I went to the game too!!

Peter & Darise said...

Peter just asked me the other day that I'd get more involved with football so we can watch the games together. I'm dreading it, but I told him i'd try. I just hate that they deliberate for what seems like hours on the field only to play for 2 seconds and then head back to deliberate again. I need to myself a pedi anyway though so maybe it won't be so bad. :) If you're home watching the games and want company just give us a call.

Josie said...

Hey Goldie, your baby boy is so dang cute. I found you on Lyssa'a blog and had to check it out and say hello. I love how babies run your life now, but you seem to get in other stuff too. Kudos to you on the run that sounded awesome. You look great and hope to keep in touch.