8.12.2008

6 Month Dr. Appointment

Our little baby is getting a little large for the baby scale...

I took Jax to his 6 month Dr. appointment today.  One thing is for sure, he is a big boy.   He is 29 1/4 inches long.  On the growth chart that is off the graph!  The highest graph line is 97th percentile, and Jax is above that.  He is a tall boy.  He weighs 19 pounds 12.5 ounces - 75th percentile.

Jax had to get 4 shots today.  After the first shot he just looked at me - no crying.  He just looked at me like, "What the heck was that mom?!"  Then, he cried for the next three shots.  After he was done, I picked him up and he relaxed.  Then, he looked at the nurse who gave him his shots and gave her a big smile.  She was like, "Wow!  I don't get smiles after shots very often."  Jax is so cute.  That is just so typical of his personality.

7 comments:

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

sounds like you got yourselfs a little NBA\NFL star! That is so cute that he smiled back at the nurse, what a little sweetheart! I was bummed I missed janelle's thing but I am sure she rocked it as usual.
Love ya!
Suzette

Lyssa said...

LOL so funny, that first picture of him on that tiny scale...he's like a giant compared to that thing! K so funny cause him and Kate weigh the same now! I can't believe how big he is...obviously from his dad's side. I saw the wedding pics in the previous post and I have to ask where you got that black dress?! I have to find one for Jenny's wedding and i'm having a hard time so just wondering :)
Jax is such a cute. I love his smile!! He seems like a really happy boy.

Peter & Darise said...

He's such a cutie. I love how big he is. He'll be a little football player. Well that, or a champion hot dog contest eater. Either way he'll be successful. :)

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

I love that big boy! How awesome that he was so good for his shots. He's such a happy baby! He's the best!

kennan said...

who wants a skinny baby? yuck! ummm, like i would forget that today is your birthday! happy birthday gj! i so wish we were at magic waters celebrating right now. love your guts!

Andrea said...

Happy Birthday today!!! :) Congrats on making it to the big TWO - FOUR (right?) Have a good night!!

Konold's said...

OK, Stockton is 23 pounds and is 2 years old!! Your child is huge! He is taller than Stockton, too! I love that you take pics at the doctor! Too Cute!