7.14.2008

Beach Body



So, it is almost 1:00am and here I am blogging.  Hmm...get a life.  Now that Jax is a pretty solid sleeper, Chase finds some extra 1:00am PlayStation time while I find time to stay updated via blogs with people's lives that I haven't seen for 5 years...and of course some people that I have never met.

We went to St. George this weekend.  Fun!!  I will post some pictures later.  Our camera is MIA.  But, we will for sure share some pictures of Jax swimming.  We decided to take a little weekend getaway to St. George.  Turns out it was overcast and rained.  That's too bad.  Jax's white skin was probably grateful for that one!  But, at least it gave me some extra time to down a whole bag of Albertson's chocolate chip cookies.  MMMMMM!!!!  Is there seriously a better cookie.  Didn't think so. 

I also got to watch some serious infomercials.  I LOVE infomercials - especially if they have anything to do with the Beach Body workout company.  Seriously, I love that stupid stuff.  I am convinced that I too, can get ripped in 90 days.  So, needless to say, after this weekend Chase and I both want to start P90X.  ANyone done it?  Anyone out there who got officially ripped in 90 days?  We are such suckers.  But seriously, check out the before and afters and tell me that there isn't a difference! :)  Chase has already told me that he seriously wants to take a before and (naturally)  in about 90 days  pose for his after shot.  Don't mind if I do the same.

Although it wasn't your typical St. George weather, we had a fun little weekend trip.  Mostly, it was our motivational retreat.  Have you seen the P90X infomercial?!  Who wouldn't be sold on that?  However, I am a former fruitarian - if you don't know that story be sure to ask me about it.  Totally embarrassing.  What former fruitarian doesn't love the sound of 90 days to your total beach body?  It is kinda getting pathetic how much I love to watch these infomercials.  I have seen them all multiple times.  You know what I am talking about - Hip Hops Abs (own it), Turbo Jam (love it), Slim in 6 (want it), P90X (getting it).  You all skip over these infomercials on TV while I am SO excited to tune in again and again.  What is up with that?

Oh and don't worry.  They all last about a week.  But, just thought I would let you all know that I do, in fact, have good intentions.  Until, of course, I bust out the Albertson's cookies!

22 comments:

Tigh, Jacque, & Charlotte said...

Goldie! Funny we are both up. Haha. I have so much stuff to do for Maui, so I thought I'd blog.
Good idea, huh?

I, too, am an infomercialaholic.

amberandlandon said...

Hey! I had to let you know that Alberstons cookies are my second love...seriously I crave them all the time. It gives me comfort to know I'm not the only one. :) Jax is such a cutie!

Lyssa said...

I too am am a sucker for those cookies. I looked forward to everytime my mom went shopping there and I could get a free cookie! ANyways, no Albertson's here in TX so i'm on hold.
But too bad on St. George! What are the odds? 99.9% of the time is sunny!

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

Goldie, I am dying laughing....could we be any more alike? I am 100% obsessed with those dam cookies. What the freak are they putting in those to make them scream my name every time I drive on by. And the infomercials....addicted! I am a big time sucker for there cleaning stuff. And that oxy bleach guy, I would love his job! Love ya and sorry about all the delayed texts this past weekend I was in and out of service the whole time. really I was, I know people use that a lot but I really was. When does Janelle get home?
Love, ANGLE AKA MONIKA

Austin & Andrea said...

I'm totally a sucker for Hip Hops Abs & Turbo Jam....well kinda. I didn't buy it, but I want both of them. It looks so fun! So you own both of them? Do you like them both? It's so hard to do workouts like that in front of the TV though.

CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES ARE THE BEST!

Tim + Katie said...

Sign me up for the beach body workout. Have you seen what I have to keep up with? Tim doesn't do a dang thing to stay fit and can't gain weight to save his life. I can't wait to see you tomorrow and I miss Jax.

Jonny and Suzette Baird said...

Goldie, I didn't realize you left me a comment last night, we were both totally on the "the boy is mine" kick...I was laughing so hard and yes of course we need to check up on our strawberry lip gloss in between 1st period...HELLO!!! I loved Jr. High and loved all the ninth grade boys! ha ha but mostly loved ping pong at the Holmstead residents during school with the amazing candy cupboard. Karen was the coolest mom for letting us SLUFF! Ha Ha
Love ya!

Emilee said...

Totally stalked you on the blogspot. Don't pretend like you don't do it....wait...you just admitted it on your post. I have heard P90X is amazing. Changes your body like whoa or something.

Cody & Jessica said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cody & Jessica said...

You're funny :) I've never heard of any of those infomercials, but now I'm totally curious... And I'm going to have to try Albertson's cookies too, cuz Macey's aren't that great.
I LOVE the picture below of you and Jax! So cute. Jax has beautiful eyes.
(I deleted my comment above because I had too many type-ohs :)

suzy Hunter said...

Goldie, you make me laugh so hard. I love reading your blog. Chase stopped by the other day, he of course is helping Andrew out with something, but how cute was he going on about Jax. He is crazy about him and loves him unabashedly! What a cute family you are. And oh, thanks for commenting on my blog, totally think you are crazy... you are so beautiful with long, short, brown or blonde.

georgeandmarie said...

Goldie...I for sure own the P90X and it does totally kick your butt! I got it in March but I haven't done the 90 day thing yet, slacker i know. But I have done 5-6 of the cd on separate occasions. really they are great, i just need to find the time between 2 kids to really buckle down and do them!!

Lou said...

Hey Golds,

Call me when you do the plyometrics workout. Unbelievable. Maybe I'm a loser, but I think I'm still sore. P90x rules.

Heather Lee said...

seriously glad you gave up the fruitarian business. and P90X is pretty legit. My brother and brother in law did it and it totally works wonders. I haven't had a chance to check out the before and afters that they claim are possible. But for the average work out guru, it does make a difference. Good luck with that one! Meanwhile I'll keep one hand on the remote and the other on a twinkie.

The Thomas Trio said...

Do you remember memorizing the "Grind Workout" and then burning major calories at stake dances.....cause I DO!?!?!?!

Peter & Darise said...

I LOVE the beach body commercials! In fact, I just ordered the weighted gloves the other week. They rock. My sister in law did power 90 and she got ripped...seriously. She swears by it. good luck.
Let's get together soon! We had tons of fun the last time we got together with you two. Have chase call Peter.
by the way, I've added you to my blog so now I can stalk your family. Watch out!!! :)

annie and jared said...

i love that you are into infomercials, so funny. are you still planning on doing the 1/2 marathon? i was going to but i think not anymore. how are you training for it??

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Don't even get me started on P90X! (especially Plyo!) Freak! Tony Horton is a maniac, and he is going to whip my body into shape! As Tony would say, BRING IT!

Jathan & Merm said...

YOU KILL ME. I have a gut ache I am giggling so hard. The great thing about reading your posts is that I can imagine the words coming straight out of your mouth. You type just as you speak! So the great thing is that Jathan is obsessed with p90x. He has not yet purchased it but he too watches the infomercials and is constantly looking up videos about it on YouTube. He just can't bring himself to purchase the dang thing. I am thinking alright already, just purchase it so I don't have to hear you say you want it 24/7. Maybe you and Jathan should work out together when we get home.... hmmm bettetr yet we could do couples work out's to p90x! Sound good?? I mean come on, we get home in 3 short weeks. YOu better pencil us in!

Jathan & Merm said...

BTW- Love those cookies too! Pretty sure I downed a bag a day when I was preggo.

I am suddenly craving chocolate chip cookies... thanks!

Joshua - Melissa - Mason said...

LOL I love you Goldie, it's funny because even your writing sounds exactly like you :) Are you going to the airport on Friday?

Joshua - Melissa - Mason said...

Oh yeah don't even worry I read Merm's message after I wrote mine and she said the exact same thing, maybe being sisters has us starting to think alike too...