6.24.2008

Little Buddies



I have now been done teaching for about 3 weeks. I can't believe haw quickly they have passed. The school year ending was bitter-sweet for me. I was SO happy to be able to stay at home with Jax. I was so excited that I didn't have to take him to his grandma's to be babysat. But, shockingly I started crying with my class the last day of school because I was so sad I wasn't going to see those cute little hormonal 6th graders everyday! One little girl, who was also crying haha, was like, "Mrs. Gunderson, I am so sad the school year is over. I am going to miss you so much. You were like one of us." Isn't that funny?! One of us? Apparently, the student-teacher respect thing was a bit lacking for some of my students, but they were SO cute.
However, I could not be happier than I have been the last 3 weeks. I have bonded even more with my little buddy. He is ALWAYS with me. He ALWAYS smiles when I look at him. Being a mom is the greatest thing in the world. I don't think that I realized how amazing it was going to be. It is unbelievable the instant feelings of unconditional love you get the second your little baby enters the world.
Jax is getting more and more fun by the day. He looks you square in the eye when you talk to him. He fake coughs when you are sitting by him, but not giving him his wanted attention. There is truly nothing better than being a mom. I had such great experiences teaching school and got to be with so many cute kids, but I am so happy that I now get the chance to spend the next few years (haha probably like 50) as a mom. I didn't know that I was going to love being a mom as much as I do. I already am wishing that I was pregnant again just to get another little cutie here!!!

4 comments:

Park City Bairds said...

Goldie! you are the most beautiful mom! seriously Goldie you look so good! you and Jax are such a cover mommy and baby.... I loved all the post, its about dang time! ha ha. I am sitting at another open house blog surfing today, ha ha I am such a fag! Love ya!
Suzette

Heather Lee said...

you look bootiful in those photos! Lets get the two love birds together again soon. You know what would be fun, a little shopping around Gateway or the Park City outlets and them maybe miss suzie could meet us! I can NOT believe how big Jax is at 4 months, he's definitely going to be tall. Holland's 6 month visit is today so we'll see her stats soon...but I went to the doc a week ago and she was 15 lbs. 8.5 oz...so not as big as I thought

Jobi Niu said...

How pretty are you?? Your eyes are AMAZING! I can't believe Jax is 4 months. Crazy. He is like perfect.. so dang cute!

Lyssa said...

Goldie, you are HOT! I love these pics of you and Jax...and I do the same shots too...and it's weird how I never find a good shot of me...hmm
anyways, i'm so glad you are are glad you are home..I love it too!! I wouldn't have it any other way!