5.28.2008

3, 2, 1...


Only three more days left of me being a working mom. Holy smokes. I am so excited. Going back to work was not as terrible as I imagined it would be. I missed my students during my maternity leave and was excited when I got back to school. However, leaving my adorable little Jax has been so hard. I feel like I have kind of neglected him. I even missed his first time rolling over. I was SO sad to hear that he did it while I was gone! However, the cute little dude has been in such good hands - thanks to my mom and mother-in-law. I was SO lucky for my wonderful babysitting set-up. But, today is Wednesday and school is out on Friday. I am almost going to be a full-time mom, and I am freaking out excited!



When Jax was born I saw 4 month old babies and thought, "Oh my gosh, that is how huge Jax will be when I finish working!" And, he has not made a liar out of me. He has grown so much. I hardly notice that he has grown so much...until I see him next to a newborn or try and squeeze him into 3-6 months clothes and realize that 6-9 months is much more his size. The little guy is weighing in at 16 pounds 1 ounce. I never thought this little bruiser would get so big so fast.



He has been so awesome with our strict schedule. He has been waking up right on cue between 5:00 - 5:45am. He has done so awesome taking a bottle and still being interested in eating from me. I have been a milk pumping machine, but starting today he will have to choke down a bottle of formula in the afternoons because I ran out of milk. But, knowing him, he will be just fine. And trust me, that little 16 pounder is not planning on missing any meals! :) He seriously has been perfect. Maybe he sensed that his mommy had to work and needed him to cooperate to make her leaving him easier. Whatever it was, he cooperated perfectly. Now the only problem is that I need to try and un-condition him to wake up in the 5 o'clock hour!



But, the 9 weeks that I had to come back to work after my maternity leave has come to an end. I honestly can't believe it. This school year has FLOWN by - and that is saying a lot coming from a girl who was pregnant and had to leave a little newborn! I have loved my students. Their sense of humor and newly found hormones never leave a dull moment. I might just have to start hanging out around the Jr. High at lunch or something so that I can still hear the 12-year-old relationship drama. It is quite entertaining! But, it is for sure time for me to be done. I have been freakishly organized and prepared with Jax and his babysitting for the whole 2 months. But, yesterday I sent him to my mom's to be watched WITHOUT ANY PANTS (see photo above). That is when you know you are done!!

10 comments:

Austin & Andrea said...

I can't believe Jax is 4 months old either! It seems like just yesterday he was born. He is sooo dang cute! I'm glad the rest of the school year has gone by fast...I don't know how you did it! 5 AM---just shoot me. ONLY 2 MORE DAYS! Have fun!!!!

Austin & Andrea said...

PS....did you see I tagged you?

Tim + Katie said...

Congratulations, you are going to make it to the end. And you never have to go back to work! I can't wait for that day to come for me.

Lyssa said...

So excited for you!! It's so nice to be home all the time. I seriously love it and wouldn't do it any other way. I hope he stops the 5 AM shinanigains as well because Kate did that for ever and I finally had to just stuff her full before she went to sleep to hold her off...oh and the "crying it out" too.. :) She had to learn the hard way to falling back asleep on her own..but it's worth it in the long run! Can't wait to see pics!

Park City Bairds said...

oh Goldie, I am so excited for you! Reading your post got me so excited to just hang out with Jax for a day and get to know him. He does seem like the "perfect" baby. Now hopefully you two can have a fun, relaxing summer vacation and roll out of bed around ten or so? You wish! ha ha I want to see him before he turns 12! He is growing so fast...4 months already, what the?
Love ya!
Suzette

Andrew and Jenna said...

I'm thinking you guys need to make a trip out here sometime this summer so we can all play in NYC! We miss you so much! We'll get Jax an "I love NY" t-shirt" :)

Heather Lee said...

hoo rah. I can't wait. We are going to have the best summer ever. I will admit the relaxing by the pool days are gone, but who wants to just sit there anyway when you can see little chubby legs kicking away in the water. Also, 16 pounds? Goldie you must be making straight whipped cream.

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

I'm so glad that your going to be done tomorrow! That's such a relief! Sounds like Jax has been a champ. He's so dang cute! I love that little guy! We'll have to take the kids swimming or something this summer!

annie and jared said...

how nice for you to be done, good work! now just enjoy little jax man. lets see some new pics of this 16 pounder! are you still training for the 1/2 marathon?

Ashley said...

Holy cow... I'm so excited for you. We need to get together soon. I haven't seen you guys in forever!