4.27.2008

Growing, Growing, Growing


Jax is growing so much. I really can't believe it. I am so glad that he is so healthy, but sometimes it makes me so sad! He is not a tiny little newborn anymore. He has officially kissed the 0-3 month size of clothes goodbye and graduated to 3-6 months. He has the absolute cutest belly ever. And his big blue eyes are amazing. Since I am the most terrible person ever at writing in a journal, I am going to use this post to write down a few things that I want to remember about this 2 1/2 month stage. I am not exactly sure how the whole blog thing works, but hopefully I will be able to look back at this post in 5 or 10 years and be able to read through it. These are a few of the cute/funny/sweet things that I hope I never forget about Jax in the last 2 1/2 months.

1 - Jax is a morning person - got that one from his dad for sure! He is an AWESOME sleeper. He sleeps for 8 hours straight at night. But, he knows exactly when it is morning. He wakes up and grins until it hurts! He is SO happy right when he wakes up. Chase has to get him up and take him to be babysat during the week since I go to work at 7:30am and he goes to work at 9:00am. The 30 minutes Chase gets with Jax in the morning are Chase's favorite part of the day. Who wouldn't love having a little baby smile at you for 30 minutes straight?!
2 - Jax is "potty trained". Well...chainging table trained for that matter. The second I put him on his changing table to change his diaper, he starts to grunt. It's like he knows this is where he is suppose to go to the bathroom and then get a new diaper. At first, I didn't find this too funny becuase I would put him on the changing table, take off his diaper, and for sure get pooed on. But, I have now learned. He needs to lay on the changing table for about 5 minutes before I dare to open up the diaper!
3 - Jax is SO easy to make smile. When you smile at him, he gives a big grin back instantly like he is surprised you smiled at him. It is adorable. But, this ease of getting him to smile sometimes backfires on him. When you do it for too long he gets the hiccups from smiling too hard! He gets the hiccups AT LEAST once a day.
4 - Chase and I are no longer allowed to read the book "Love You Forever" to Jax. We have both tried...we both ended up with tears streaming, and I mean streaming, down our face.
5 - Jax is so ticklish! It is so funny that a person so small already has personal characteristics. If you even think about tickling him he tenses up. It is so cute.
6 - Jax loves when I play with his lips. How funny is that?! I think that he just loves anything touching or in his mouth. He could suck his binky for hours, and let's not even talk about the intimate relationship he has with his fist! He sucks his fist so hard that he even made his knuckle raw! Cute little dude. His newest challenge is trying ot see if he can get the WHOLE fist in his mouth at once.
7 - Jax is the best baby ever. He nerver cries. And I mean never. He will make a little "crying" noise when it is time to eat. And, it isn't really even a cry. It is more like a little whine to make sure that I don't forget to feed him. When he wakes up in the morning he will give a little noise to be my alarm clock, and then he just waits for me. He breastfeeds awesome. He takes a bottle whenever I need him to. I am so lucky!! He is the best baby!

I LOVE being a mom. It has been the funnest 2 1/2 months ever. Having a baby is the greatest thing in the world. It has honestly made Chase and I both so much happier. It is great to feel like you have such an importnat job - raising a baby. Only 24 more days until the school year is over. But, who's counting right?

Well, here the little heartbreaker is.
Pretty sure he looks like a little munchkin in this picture...but what a cute munchkin!
Can you see the bicept? He worksout!

5 comments:

Tigh, Jacque, & Charlotte said...

Oh man Goldie! It has been 2 1/2 months, huh? Shoot. it did go by fast! He really is so adorable! I'm so glad he's my little munchkin nephew! Now, you just need to have another one! Haha. Honestly, 5 months down the road and I dread the words "I'm pregnant" from ever slipping pass my lips any time soon! Really, He is so cute! I haven't seen him in a week! Let's get together. You and Chase should come over sometime this week and watch the game! They can eat pizza and you and I will eat California rolls! Mmm! Haha. Ok, freaking long post of a comment! See ya!:)

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

He is so cute! His little personality is the best! He's the most smiley baby! I love it! I can't believe how fast time goes now that we're moms!

Cody & Jessica Peters said...

K, so your post just got me so excited for my baby boy to come! I'm so excited to have a little newborn again, and excited for a little boy. I'm so happy for you guys - Jax is darling.

Brooke and Dustin Jackson said...

for real, he may be in the top 5 cutest babies i have ever met. he is sooo darling!

way to go on the potty training... he puts any and all babies to shame.

Jeff and Brandi said...

He is too cute! I just want to squeeze him!