4.29.2008

LET THE GAMES BEGIN


So, Chase and I started a weightloss competition yesterday. Although on day one of the competition we ended up at Cafe Rio, we are serious. We have been faithful viewers of "The Biggest Loser", and decided that it's now our turn.

So, here is the competition. We both weighed in on Sunday. Whoever loses the highest percent of body weight from yesterday to August 1st wins. If Chase wins, he gets the PlayStation that he has been coveting for the last year or so. If I win, we get to take the money he would spend on the PlayStation and spend it all on Food Storage! haha...that may sound funny, but if you know me at all, that seems totally legit. I will admit that I am a bit of a doomsdayer. I just know that the worst possible situation will happen. I just know that the HUGE earthquake that Utah should be having will begin in my backyard! So, bring on the food storage. I don't have one thing of food storage. I better win this competition becuase if not, me, Chase, and Jax will all starve if something serious happens. All we currently have are two 72 hour kits. Not enough to last very long. Oh yeah, and not a single thing for Jax. How rude is that? But, as of August 1st you better believe that will be changing.

Oh, and one more perk of the competition - Skye and Paul's wedding is on August 1st. Chase and I both better be looking VERY skinny at the big bash.

So, wish us (mostly me) luck! I'm gonna win!!!

9 comments:

Austin & Andrea said...

Hahahahah food storage Goldie? That is what you want to spend your money on? That is too funny...you're a good mother. I would be like...clothes clothes clothes, which is probably why I'm not a mom. You and Chase both need to lose zero lbs though. You already look fantastic, but that will be fun! Good Luck!

reno and mel said...

Blogging during school hours? Shame on you! Ha! How else would we make it through the day? I agree with you on the food storage...my how your priorities change! Good luck with your contest - one more reason to be excited for summer. 23 days and counting!

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

Freak, sign me up for that! Maybe Greg and I could switch it up. He would have to gain the weight, and I could lose it! Good Luck with your contest! May the best man win!

Ben & Jayni said...

um.. To be on biggest loser you have to be fat which neither of you guys are. But if you are going to do it.. GOOOOO Goldie!! Food Storage is a WAY better than a Nintendo or whatever he wants:)

Tigh, Jacque, & Charlotte said...

Goldie! haha! Good for you guys! Believe it or not, but Tigh and I ARE DOING THE SAME! We weighed in, and our goal is August 4th (our anniversary), but we figured 3 days isn't that big of a difference from the 1st....right? Or is it. Tell me! And, I didn't purposely try to do food storage, but I guess I have quite the collection! So, if you and chase (and cute Jax) need some food...we have got your back! Let's just hope this HUGE earthquake in your backyard doesn't happen between now and August 1st...AH!
P.S. Thanks so much for my certificate! We will have to go together to get our fun pedicures and leave the babes with the boys!

annie and jared said...

ok so this is my problem, i really really want to diet and lose weight for the summer but how do you do it and still keep your milk supply? are you still nursing? i am having a dilemma, let me know what you know about the whole thing. and i am totally with you on the food storage thing, i think we are getting all old and wise. ha ha

Park City Bairds said...

Food Storage.....so domestic! how funny if he wins...you guys will all be starving but way geeked out with your play station during the next massive event. I am totally coming to your house during any disaster!!! last time I looked in my pantry I do re-call a big ol' pack of gum from costco so ya basically we are screwed!
by the way, I am so jealous of your fun life with your cute boy, I am so excited for that time in my life!!!
love ya golds!

Ryan + Carly said...

goldie! i am loving how you can find people through other people's blogs. so fun. jax is seriously so cute and i really am dying over how serious chase is about the jazz because don't even worry, ryan is all about wearing the jazz jersey even when it isn't a game night! also, i am looking into food storage at this very time in my life (for some reason the feeling to get it right now is just nagging at me!!) and i there is a really good food storage online. [www.thereadyproject.com] the soups are made by bear creek company and they have tasting parties and i've heard it's seriously good. plus it stores for up to 20 years in really nice containers. anyway, i love how we are such moms. wow. maybe we could get together to watch the jazz play!

Jobi Niu said...

HAHAHHA I LOVE it! Enoch and I should do something like that! You guys are skinny already.. we're the fat lards! We would seriously eat doritos while watching the biggest loser. hahha