3.31.2008

Back 2 School


Maternity leave has ended. I am now back to teaching 6th Grade. My cute class had decorated the board welcoming back. It was a little bitter-sweet to go back to work. The schedule that I am now on is about the hardest things in the world. I wake up around 5:00am...unless Jax decides that he wants to wake up some other time during the night. He is pretty amazing at sleeping though. This morning, for example, I had to wake him up around 5:30am to feed him so he would be able to eat before I left to work. My days now start at 5:00am so that I can get ready, feed Jax, pump (oh so attractive), and be to work by 7:30am. Lucky for me my mom and mother-in-law are watching Jax. Only 39 days left of school!! My first day back to work was the hardest. I cried the entire drive to work. I was SO sad to leave Jax. But, once I got to work I pulled myself together and was fine all day. I am just going to finish out this school year and then be done teaching. I am not going to teach next year. Maybe some time down the road I will do it again, but for now I am going to just be a mom once summer hits!!!

12 comments:

trevan & kennan said...

and a hot mom at that! it's still a little weird that you are a teacher to me. i think we were in elementary just a few years ago. our childhood's together could have not been any better. i always thought we would be professional rollerbladers or cheerleaders. i don't think we even played school as kids did we? mostly barbies and dolls......

p.s. where is cogan when you need him?

Austin & Andrea said...

Oh my gosh, I can't even imagine waking up at 5:00 every day to leave my baby and go to work. Your a good mom!! :) Only 2 months to go....

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

I'm sorry that you're back to school. How cute is your class though? I don't blame you for having a breakdown, I did the same when I went to work for just a few hours. I hope it gets easier to wake at 5 am. That's brutal. We need to get the babies together. I think Olivia's missing Jax!

LinDsEy ShaUn + JerEMy said...

What the H*@*! I haven't seen my little JAX yet. What are you doing this week? Can we all get together for lunch? Let me know ASAP momma teacher!

Jobi Niu said...

That is so cute of your lil' class at school! Jax is so cute! I left my boys for the first time this weekend while we went to Vegas ans I about DIED! but I survived it was a nice break!

Heather Lee said...

well if you have to go back...then what a great welcome back. I hope your 29 days fly by! I bet they will. Once summer hits, and you're waking up at a reasonable hour, we need to get this mom duo together.

Lyssa said...

I"m excited for your school year to end! It is such a great feeling being home with the kids! But I bet you'll enjoy this last few months with your school kids. YOu've got the best of both worlds!
And seriously, good for you and pumping! That's got to take a lot of LOVE and disipline. I'm totally impressed!

The Thomas Trio said...

Good luck golds! I actuall have to admit that I am a little jelous...(not about teaching 6th grade-i'd die) but I really miss my little jr. highers! good luck!

maggie

The Adams Family said...

You're amazing! Way to go, stick it out for a couple of weeks. Jax, is gorgeous! I love the pics you got of him.

Tigh, Jacque, & Charlotte said...

Goldie! I am so glad there isn't that much school left! It was fun to come to the school and see you! I had no idea what school you taught at. And I love going over to kent and Jana's and Playing with Jax! He's so funny! Good luck! And let me know if you need anything!

annie and jared said...

that is good that you only have a month left-- that will be nice for you to be home with jax, being home with the baby is the best, my one day a week in the nicu is the perfect amount of time to be away, but it is still hard to leave olive even for that long. good luck and i am sure you are a great teacher!

Jathan & Merm said...

Goldie! How hard to leave the babe! I am happy you do not have too much longer! Ummm so excited to see you at Brandi's. I can't wait to see your little guy and your hot face... and bod! YEAH! Ha ha!