2.16.2008

The Storm Survivors


We are alive!! Jax and I got stuck in the storm on the Micron road earlier this week. It was terrible! I thought I was in the Bramuda Triagle. We got on the road at 3:30 and were stuck on the Micron road until 6:30. Jax screamed the entire 3 hours. Finally, we turned off to the gas station by Micron. We were stuck there, with about 150 other people, for another 4 hours. It was out of contol. My dad finally came out and rescued us. We had to leave my car there and have my dad take us home in his 4-wheel drive car. Having a newborn there was pretty stressful. But, it could have been worse. A girl went into labor in the gas station while we were stuck! That was a night I will not be forgetting soon. But, I just thought I would post a picture to let you all know we are still alive. We both might have a case of post-traumatic stress syndrome, but at least we're alive.

12 comments:

Kelsey, Greg, and Olivia said...

We're so glad you made it out alive! My mom told me about the ordeal and I felt so bad! It's a good thing you had a rescue team to come save you:) We still need to get together and do something and let the babies hang out. By the way, Jax is so cute. He looks more like you in every new picture.

Lyssa said...

You Look So GOOD Goldie! And ya, dang, heard about that storm. My mom said kids were stuck in the elementary school over night! That must have been crazy!! But i'm glad you were safe! That seriously could have been worse. But you two are so adorable!! Don't you love being a mommy?!

stephanie said...

Your little guy is adorable! How are you all doing?

georgeandmarie said...

Glad your okay!! Chris Williams told us you were stuck there and I was feeling for you having a new little one in the madness!!

Jathan & Merm said...

Oh Goldie... I would have been so stressed out if that were me. Yes that storm was out of control. I am pretty glad I stayed indoors that day. I am glad you are still alive too :) and the poor girl that went into labor. That is just not the way you want to bring your little one into the world... at a gas station... yikes!

Citizen Jared said...

i wish that i was your baby.. your baby is amazing! it almost makes me want to have one.. i miss you guys.. especially now. blah. sad face. CHASE, YOU BETTER WRITE BACK!! love you guys

p.s goldie, you look great.

Janelle said...

Holy Beautiful family!!! What a doll! I just know you are having the best time ever w/ him! We will see you soon. I think the first week of March!!- Janelle

Mom said...

Holy Cow, Goldie...I'm so glad you two are ok! Freaky storm, huh? You look great and Jax is adorable! I hate to break it to Chase, but he's a Holmstead! Call us when you are at your Mom's house...we want to meet the little guy in person.

Mom said...

P.S. I'm another "Mom"...sorry, that's how my account reads to all my kids :(

XO Pam

annie and jared said...

i am glad you guys made it home safe- i was lucky enough to be at home all day that day- although we went without power for about 4 hours!
p.s. you look so so so good!

The Johnson's said...

Goldie..this is Tim and Katie's sister in law Becky! Congrats on the beautiful baby! He is so darling. His hair reminds me so much of my little Dallin when he was born! Who, by the way..still loves you to death! You look way to good to have just had a baby!! Congrats!!

Cairen said...

Goldie, I saw your comment on Lyssa page and was so excited to see your handsome little guy! Congratulations on your baby.. newborns are so fun!
That is so scary that you were stuck in a snow storm! I am glad you guys got out all right!